The Adventures of Flykachu

July 17th, 2014 by Isaac 6E
2

Flykachu lived in the attic of a human. This human was called Jimmy. Jimmy lived on his own. But, not for long.

One day, Jimmy adopted a child. It was a boy called Tom. He loved to play outside in the field where he would: make dens out of sticks and leaves; climb trees (pretending they were mountains) and search for bugs.

On one of these searches -in the attic- was –when he discovered Flykachu. Flykachu wasn’t your ordinary fly, when you touch him, he sends a little shot of electric into your blood. Tom was feeling around the dark, dusty attic when he got a shock.

Screaming, like he had just saw a ghost, Tom ran downstairs to his new dad. “Dad! Dad! I just saw a Flykachu!” Tom’s dad had told him imaginary stories of a Flykachu that was electric. “No you haven’t. There’s no such thing. Don’t wind me up.” They argued for a while but, as Tom had expected, his Dad didn’t believe him.

That night, Tom felt determined to prove to Dad that he really did see a Flykachu and he wasn’t going mad. So, he slipped out of bed and headed into the attic. Tom spotted the bright, blue glow in the corner of the attic and walked towards it. Sitting quietly on Dad’s dusty old dusty table was Flykachu. He flew onto Tom’s hand and, not like last time, Flykachu didn’t give Tom a shock. Flykachu’s can actually chose to shock someone or something depending on if it feels threatened.

The next morning, Tom showed Flykachu to his farther whereas, he still didn’t believe Tom. Tom didn’t know what to do so, he put Flykachu back and went up to his room to do his homework.

Tom thought and thought and thought. Finally, he knew what to do, he got a metal pole from out of the garage and stuck it in the ground. When he called his Dad outside, he told Flykachu to sit on the pole. To his Dad’s amazement, the pole glowed and the ground around it went black. However, dad still didn’t believe him.

His next idea was to take Dad up into the attic and show him Flykachu’s glowing body. So he took Dad upstairs and showed him Flykachu. But, again, Dad just thought that it was a light.

Tom didn’t know what to do? So, he went to his secret hideout (a small wooden tree house, which was hidden in the biggest oak tree in the woods). He sat there, next to the Flykachu and thought. How can I convince my Dad to believe me? He wondered and wondered what to do. Eventually, he came to the conclusion that he would just tell his Dad.

So he went up to his Dad -who was making tea- and told him what he had been trying to tell him all day. “I really did see a Flykachu, Dad,” he said. “Alright Tom I believe you,” Dad replied. Tom pulled his Dad into a tight hug.

They lived together (with the Flykachu) for the rest of their lives and every night the three of them would sit in the tree house and watch the stars go by as another day came.

Posted in Uncategorized

2 Responses to “The Adventures of Flykachu”

1. Robin 6E says:

Great story, Isaac. I really like how you made the word ‘Flykachu’ mean it’s own thing, while basing it of something that already exists! 😀

2. Rosie 6E says:

What a cool name “Flykachu”. Awesome story Isaac, it is very adventurous! 🙂