Farewell, 6E!

July 24th, 2014 by Mr Edwards
74

It’s the end of our last day; the corridors and classrooms are echoing, and I’m contemplating how to get lots of booze, chocolate and assorted gifts safely home! Thank you.

Thank you for being a wonderful class. Your enthusiasm and kind, caring nature make my job an absolute pleasure. I will miss each and every one of you (some more than others :-p), but there always comes a time to move on and I am sure you will love your time at secondary school!

CaptureRemember, you are welcome to post on here and stay in touch over the holidays, so long as you’re still safe and kind with your comments – I can ban people now! :-p

I wish you all an enjoyable summer, full of fun, family, friends and sunshine. You will always be welcome in my classroom.

Mr Edwards

Posted in Uncategorized

74 Responses to “Farewell, 6E!”

1. Rosie 6E says:

I wish I was at School this very minute, as I have had the worst day ever! Ok, so first of all I am asked to tidy my room, which I do. When I was almost finished, I took the rubbish away from my bed, then all of a sudden it all came crashing back down onto the floor, through a huge whole in the bottom of the bin bag! I’m left with a pile of rubbish at my feet! πŸ™ Well, I thought the day was going to get better, as Lucy P (My Bff) was coming around my house. She was coming at 1:30. She hadn’t arrived yet and it was now 2:00, I waited until it was 3:00, still now sign of her! I waited until 4:00, yet again no sign. When it became 5:30 there was no chance that she was coming now! And she didn’t even phone or let me know that she wasn’t actually coming! That made my day even worse than it was. :-s Before, the “Lucy problem” happened I went shopping with my mum only do buy a hair doughnut. As we carried around the shop, buying our food, we passed the hair and clothes department. I totally forget about it, as I was collecting groceries for my mum. After all the shopping was finished, we went home. As we entered the house, I just realised that I came for a hair doughnut and actually never got one! I had just wasted a good 2 hours of my time shopping, not that I had anything better to do! And then I discovered I had to help out and do some gardening with my siblings, when I am the most hard working person in the family! I did my bit of gardening. As I was about to enter the house, I tripped on a stone and landed in a huge pile of soil, which was filled with hundreds of bugs and creepy crawlies. Great, I was bored, angry, annoyed and muddy! What a great day I had. Even School would have been more fun!

2. Mollie 6PB says:

Thanks Mr E you have been great! Good luck in your future years! x πŸ™‚ πŸ™

• Rosie 6E says:

He needs good luck from everyone, as he’ll be working with my brother next year! πŸ˜€ Thanks for everything Mr E! x πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

3. Rosie 6E says:

It’s weird how on School days we won’t be going to St Sampson’s! πŸ™

4. Rosie 6E says:

It’s really weird how we’re not in Year 6 anymore, but not in Year 7 yet. We’re basically in no-mans land! πŸ˜‰

5. Rosie 6E says:

Farewell, 6E!

6. Rebecca 6E says:

Hey everybody miss you loads!Mr Edwards are we aloued to go on the blog when we are year seven?

7. Rosie 6E says:

I saw Mr Edwards again on Thursday, as I was round Lucy P’s house. As most of you know, Mrs Bray was having a BBQ and all the teachers were invited. Lucy P lives very close to Mrs Bray, so it was easy to see all the teachers again. Then, we had a brilliant idea! It was to put a little note and a water bomb on Mr E’s car. We actually did it, unsurprisingly. We also made two other water bombs and as I was carrying one, messing around with it…it popped on me, making my clothes drenched and myself. So, we made another one, I was carrying it again, and it popped on me…again! It was so funny. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜› πŸ˜€

• LucyP 6E says:

It was so funny! In the end there were no water balloons! I can’t wait until Monday as I am camping with Rosie and a few other peeps in her back garden!

• LucyP 6E says:

Rosie can you try and webcam me plz so I can show you what I have thought of so far for camping

• Rosie 6E says:

OK, I will. But when? 2:00? Cos I have to go out at 3:00 to a BBQ! I don’t really want to go, as I have already been to 3 BBQ’s already!

• Rosie 6E says:

Or if you can’t come on a 2:00, go on at 10:00am tomorrow, or 8:30pm tonight! Or just call or text me, yeah? πŸ˜€ Lucy, remember to come an hour early and bring the mushroom lights and fairy lights too, and any other themed decorations that fit!

• Rosie 6E says:

Lucy, sorry I can’t come on at 10:00 on the 28th as I am going party food shopping at that time! Maybe go on at 1:00 or 12:00?

8. Rachel 6E says:

Thankyou for all of the work to help me I Finely stoped crieing,I will miss all fo the teachers in the school but I will miss mr Edwards and mrs kirk for halping me get froow the year. A big THANKYOU from Rachel

• Robin 6E says:

I agree, Rachel. I think every Year 6 felt emotional about leaving. You are not alone! πŸ˜€

• Rosie 6E says:

You know how Becky was crying? Well I saw her when I was just leaving the house with Lucy p on her bike and she’d stopped crying. I’m still sad and shocked we’ve actually left. It’s weird, you see other people leave and when its your turn you can’t believe it! I’m going to miss Lucy P, but of course we will see each other at least once a week, or 52 times a year, text and call each other! I’m so grateful for all the great friends I’ve had: Lucy P, Abigail, Sophie, Sophia, Asha, Lucy B, Tamzin, Melisa, Mollie, Maisie, Rachel, Rebecca, Esm’e, Joe W, Isaac, Rhys, Lewis K and Thom B! Sorry if I missed you out.

• Rosie 6E says:

I agree. A big THANK YOU from Rosie!

9. James 6PB says:

Although I’m not In your class, Mr Edwards, I can still thank you for all of the amazing things you did! Thank you! Well done to the people who got awards: Rachel, Tom Brown, Lucy P, Robbie ad Tamzin! Overall couldn’t have had a better year. I will miss St.Sampsons C.E Junior School so much.

Thank you.

• Robin 6E says:

James, your Year 4 memories are legendary! πŸ˜€

• Rosie 6E says:

Yes, I found them pretty funny! πŸ˜› Yesterday was the last day I said to James “Who’s the air up there?”. πŸ™

• Rosie 6E says:

No it wasn’t because I saw him again and said it to him there! πŸ˜€ It was funny. Mine and Lucy P’s tradition from now on is for when we see James to say to him “How’s the air up there James?”

• Rebecca 6E says:

Oh yeah I saw that I was crying my eyes out on the other hand.

10. Taylor 6E says:

As most people have already said well done to James for winning the music award, Robbie and Tamzin for winning MDSA award, Tom B and Rachel and finally well done to Lucy P for winning the head teacher award! Also thank you to all my friends who supported me through out all of St. Sampson’s Junior School. (There is too many people to list). As well as that thanks to all the teachers mainly Mrs Baker, Mr Edwards and Mr lossin. πŸ™‚

11. Robin 6E says:

Thank you Mr Edward and Mrs Kirk for a super Year 6! Well done to Lucy P for getting the Headteacher’s award, Robbie and Tamzin for the MDSA Award, Tom B and Rachel for getting the Sports Award and James for the Music Award. I also have to thank my amazing friends Jake, Isaac, Tyler, Joe L, Joe W and Taylor. I will also thank Mr Williams, Mrs Dye, Mr Lossin and Mr Edwards all for being AMAZING teachers. πŸ™‚

12. Taylor 6E says:

Why do we have to leave?!

• Robin 6E says:

Who wants St Sampsons Senior school?

• Rosie 6E says:

I know. We have to leave because we’re to old to stay there and we need to move on to live our life to the full. I don’t know about you, but I have made a life plan just in case anything go’s wrong. So if my dream, becoming an actress, comes true and you see me on the TV you can tell you kids and family that I went to your School and that I was your friend. πŸ˜€

• Taylor 6E says:

Nice dream! I want to be a footballer when I’m older πŸ˜€ but I wonder what everyone else wants to do.

• Rosie 6E says:

Thanks, your dream is pretty cool too, not that I like football though! I know Lucy P’s is to be a Doctor, and that would be a nice dream, but for me no way, as there is to much pain, blood and flesh! :-s

13. Rosie 6E says:

When ever we have a T.D at Farmors, I’m going to come in and help in your class Mr E and join in again! Plus I will be able to keep an eye on Liam. πŸ˜€
    I miss St Sampson’s. πŸ™

14. Rosie 6E says:

I’m going to miss all of you! I was crying so hard, and there was Josh laughing and smiling that we left this place! πŸ˜‰ I’m going to miss Lucy P like I do chocolate!

15. Rosie 6E says:

Thank you so much Mr Edwards and Mrs Kirk for a fabulous year at St Sampson’s. The leaver’s assembly was one of the hardest moments I had to face in Year 6 ever. I am so sad to leave my sister behind (Lucy P). I am going to miss you all so much. Well done to Thom Brown and Rachel for getting the sports award, Lucy P for getting the head teachers award, James for getting the music award and Tamzin and Robbie for getting the dinner ladies award.

See most of you seen. See you Lucy on Monday, remember to come an hour early!

16. LucyP 6E says:

By the way I look awful in that picture! Cringe!

• Rosie 6E says:

I agree. πŸ˜‰ Jokes, you look fine! πŸ˜€

• Robin 6E says:

You look depressed. Well, that’s not surprising, is it! πŸ˜€

• LucyP 6E says:

I didn’t feel at all depressed!

• Rosie 6E says:

I know. When we came into the class room everyone was there with tissues in their hands, covered in tears… then there was Lucy smiling, sat down just smiling, not tears, nothing! πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ It was pretty funny.

• Mollie 6PB says:

You probably looked depressed because you have been crying like nearly every one in year 6! x πŸ™‚

• Rosie 6E says:

In truth, she is actually not depressed. When we all arrived back in class she was actually smiling and laughing at everyone crying. She even said, and I quote to me “What are you crying for? You have a whole 5 week holiday ahead of you!” It was so funny! πŸ™‚ But that’s Lucy P for you. πŸ˜‰

17. LucyP 6E says:

Thank you so much for a wonderful year Mr Edwards!I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and can’t wait to go to secondary school. I am over the moon to get the head teachers award! Well done to Rachel and Tom Brown for getting the sports award and James on getting the music award. Also well done to Robbie and Tamzin for getting the dinner ladies awards! Also to all my fellow friends for just being awesome throuout our school life at St Sampson’s!
    I am really sad to leave my BFF’s;Rosie,Abi,Tamzin Sophia, Lucy B ,Sophie and Asha(Sorry if I missed anyone out!)