Goalkeeper Geek

August 4th, 2014 by Isaac 6E
4

Ben was, in short, a goalkeeper geek. He dreamed of being an English World Cup finalist and saving a winning goal. All he thought about was football. Every second of every minute, every minute of every hour, every hour of every day and every day of every year.

One night he was in bed staring at a poster of his hero: Manuel Neuer saving a shot in the World Cup 2014 final. He dreamed of him doing it and being well-known all over the world as a winner of the Golden Glove and the best goalkeeper in the world. When he finally went to sleep, he dreamt about saving the winning penalty and winning the World Cup.

The next day was his birthday. For his birthday he got a pair of Predator Zones Pro goalie gloves, an Official World Cup 2014 Brazuca football and a Manuel Neuer World Cup 2014 football kit. The next day was the last day of training and Ben’s team had a World Cup 2014 Opening party.

Everyone turned up in there World Cup kits. “Few,” Ben thought “I’m so glad I got the kit yesterday otherwise I’d be stuck”. After the party they had a World Cup final. Ben and his best friend, Joe Mart (who was nicknamed ‘Joe Hart’ after England’s goalkeeper), were in goal. Ben’s team won when it came down to penalties. “It felt just like my dream last night!” he exclaimed to Joe after the match.

When he got home, his dad told him to close his eyes and go to the living room because there was a special birthday surprise. So he did it and when he got there, there was, in front of him, five tickets to the… “WORLD CUP 2014 FINALS!” he exclaimed like he had just won a million pounds in the lottery. His dad said “The tickets are for you, mum, Joe, Joe’s mum and I. The tickets are to see the Germany against Argentina game.” Ben suddenly thought a bit worried because, besides England, Ben supported Germany. Whereas Joe supported Argentina.

A week before the match, the two family’s set of to Brazil. The game they were seeing was in Manaus. They got to Manaus two days later. It was a very long, hot journey, but once they had got there, it felt worth it. The World Cup vibe, which stretched all the way from the north to the south, was enough to make the hair on Ben’s arm stick up.

The match was brilliant and unexpectedly, Germany won. It was the best day of his life because he saw, got a photo and an autograph (on his gloves) from Manuel Neuer. At the end of it all, Ben and Joe knew that they had the best story to tell their friends at school.

Posted in Uncategorized

4 Responses to “Goalkeeper Geek”

1. Rosie 6E says:

Isaac, the Goalkeeper Geek!

2. Robin 6E says:

Isaac! You have been outwitted! At the beginning, you say that Ben has a picture of Manuel Neuer saving a goal at the 2014 final, when that is what the go to see! 😉

3. Rosie 6E says:

I didn’t understand a single utter word of that Isaac… let me read it again!